TORONTO, ON – Samco Machinery Ltd., an expanding Canadian-based company, recently realized that they had surpassed the benefits offered from their existing enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, Infor™ ERP VISUAL. Their engineer-to-order (ETO) manufacturing facility required a new solution that would embrace the complexities of their business, fit with their existing system investments, and provide a flexible and modifiable, yet familiar toolset. Sounds like a tall order, but with the help of AX-iom ERP Inc., a leading Canadian ERP reseller and Microsoft Dynamics partner, Samco will have all of their demands met through implementation of Microsoft Dynamics® AX Enterprise Software.
For 40 years, Samco Machinery has been providing precision roll forming machine solutions to the building and construction, automotive, HVAC and appliance industries around the globe. Their innovative management style has recently allowed them to launch a new division for the solar industry to complement the Ontario Power Authority’s Feed-In Tariff Program that encourages development of renewable energy under the Green Energy Act. This new venture, coupled with their need for improved integrated support with their branch offices in Canada, and India initiated their search for a stronger ERP solution that could support their growth well into the future.
Samco enlisted the services of AX-iom ERP to assist in their selection process. Specializing in services to ETO manufacturers, and even more notably, their intimate knowledge of VISUAL (Samco’s current ERP) made AX-iom a perfect choice. AX-iom’s VISUAL expertise enables them to quickly expose Samco’ s existing ERP shortfalls, recognize the immediate benefits that could be had with a more comprehensive and technologically advanced solution and provides Samco with invaluable advantages and efficiencies that can only be had from experts with in-depth experience in both their present and future enterprise applications. To establish the business case, AX-iom performed an ERP Diagnostic Assessment to quantify the return-on-investment that the new software would have on their business prior to performing an implementation. Through the evaluation, AX-iom was able to document their key processes and provide them with a detailed assessment outlining the impact the new ERP would have on their operations. The opportunities that were uncovered allowed them to prioritize their ERP implementation project requirements.
The benefits that Microsoft Dynamics offers are well-matched to Samco’s expectations. Microsoft Dynamics AX will:
- Improve overall business productivity through elimination of manual processes and integration of disparate systems.
- Leverage and extend their existing investments in Microsoft technology into their ERP.
- Improve quote response times and accuracy to drive customer service and sales.
- Allow projects to drive MRP and manufacturing through tight integration between modules – and even integration with Microsoft Project.
- Provide Bill of Material (BOM) integration with Inventor® software and AutoCAD® software using a bi-directional Product Data Management (PDM) solution.
- Increase visibility across their supply chain with complete integration that will incorporate all aspects of Samco’s operations.
- Support Samco’s emerging service business that can be implemented in a subsequent implementation phase.
- Fully integrate Human Resources to more proactively manage their workforce and their recruitment efforts.
- Deliver comprehensive multi-company, multi-currency, multi-language capability that will allow Samco to confidently proceed in their global growth aspirations.
Outside of the functional benefits above, Samco’s decision to select Microsoft Dynamics AX was solidified through Microsoft’s product commitment; a perceived risk with their existing ERP. Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 is to be released this August, and with a Roadmap and R&D budget that extends far into the future, Microsoft Dynamics AX is leading the industry in future development planning.
With the help of AX-iom ERP, Samco will begin their implementation of Microsoft Dynamics AX in early June using a phased implementation approach. AX-iom will leverage its knowledge of VISUAL throughout the Microsoft Dynamics AX implementation to add and develop existing business and manufacturing processes to take advantage of all that Microsoft Dynamics has to offer this ETO manufacturer. “AX-iom’s knowledge of our existing ERP together with their knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX reduces our risk. “, said Bob Repovs, President/COO of Samco. “AX-iom identifies with our users, our goals, our strategy and our expectation for the new ERP technology. We feel confident that the partnership with AX-iom ERP will be a critical component in support of our international expansion plans.” Samco Machinery’s ‘go-live’ is targeted for first quarter 2012.